Patrizia Riva, Roberta Provasi
Review Of Business & Finance Case Studies ISSN: 2150-3338
Journal Rating AIDEA 2015 (Bozza) : D - 2015-01
The research has a dual purpose.The first is to investigate the going concern assumption for Italian listed companies by analyzing the contents of audit reports issued by the independent auditors. We examined meeting the following critera: a) all the companies listed on the Italian Stock Exchange; b) excluding foreign companies: c) and included an auditor report on the 2012 consolidated financial statements. The results shows that 80% of Italian listed companies have no issues related to business continuity. The remaining 20% showed significant problems. The second purpose is the trend of the going concern assumption for Italian listed companies. We compare going concern figures between 2009 and 2012.